|Job Title:||Airline UI Designer|
|Location:||Dubai,United Arab Emirates|
|Contact Name:||Greg Webb|
|Job Published:||about 3 years ago|
In this role, the jobholder will be responsible for ensuring all GUI applications with the PSS (Passenger Service Systems) are consistent, usable, fit for purpose and is in compliance with ISO user interface and usability standards. The jobholder will work closely with various business streams to champion the latest thinking, industry best practices and an agile approach to defining the end-to-end user experience and usability of the applications. This includes establishing a UX strategy to improve end user productivity, and continuously measure, monitor and manage end user satisfaction, usability and process experience of the PSS solutions. This will also include mapping out user stories and end user journeys, and co-create low fidelity prototypes and establish an outside-in customer focused approach to system design. The jobholder will be the subject matter expert and trusted advisor for stakeholders to facilitate, engage and gain end user buy-in for technology solutions. The jobholder will also be responsible to establish governance, and set standards to ensure industry best practices for end user experience and an agile human centric design methodology is adopted during system implementation and all future enhancements.
1. Adopt agile UX methodologies and design thinking to facilitate co-creation workshops with business stakeholders and front line users to define the user experience and usability requirements of the PSS solution
2. Ensure business needs and end user needs are aligned, and recommend streamlined and highly usable workflows with focus on improving end user productivity. Conduct ongoing and post implementation end user experience reviews to ensure the intended benefits to the business have been realised.
3. Responsible for establishing usability KPIs and standards. Measure, monitor and constantly endeavour to improve usability and experience success metrics and support development team with user insights and metrics in order to ensure high levels of engagement and end-user adoption is achieved.
4. Formulate and present a behavioural segmentation that has its basis in end user usage and behaviour data, and that is detailed and specific enough to guide decisions for productivity enhancements across the various modules of PSS
5. Establish a roadmap that includes a prioritization schema to introduce new features/capabilities for future state PSS with focus on enhancing end user productivity and customer experience
6. Ably support the process mapping and business change team with visualisation and design thinking expertise to ensure the teamÕs objective in delivering high impact, cross functional, easy to adopt change initiatives is met.
7. Keep abreast of industry standards / processes and initiate trials and site visits for benchmarking.
8. Develop, coach and motivate the peer team of professionals in the department with a selection tools and techniques, and a centre of excellence in design thinking and end user experience.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES ? Business Awareness ? Strategic Thinking ? Leadership ? Influence and Negotiation ? Organising for Results ? Adaptability and innovation
Job Specific Qualification
Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent) ¥ Bachelors degree; with postgraduate degree/diploma in relevant field of study (human factors/Arts/Design/Multimedia) ¥ Customer experience/User Experience/Usability certifications from accredited institutions preferred.Experience: 6+ yrs ¥ Minimum 6 years working experience in the fields related to usability/process experience or customer experience in a reputed organisation, although if the experience is in the airline or airport services industry, and/or in the areas of Performance Development or Consultancy relevant to Airline Industry, then the experience may be relaxed by two years.Knowledge/skills: ¥ Advanced knowledge and experience with Agile UX methodologies, rapid prototyping, creating personas and defining user stories ¥ Design thinking methodology and workshop facilitation skills Technical skills¥ Advanced knowledge and experience with implementing experience design tools like card sorting, usability testing, SUMI and/or System Usability Score¥ Advanced knowledge of visualisation tools like Adobe Creative Suite¥ Basic knowledge of process improvement, organisation design, project management, business planning
Job Specific Qualifications - Additional
UI/UX Designer Job brief
We are looking for a creative and talented UI/UX designer to create amazing user experiences by delivering high quality design for any needs. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI skills and be able to translate requirements, briefs and UX input into personas and user journeys, eventually transforming them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces. Responsibilities • Collaborate with business and IT to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience • Execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to the UI development team • Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design problems • Create user and process flows, storyboards, sitemaps, personas, prototypes (sketches, wireframes, detailed design, etc.) based on the need of the task on hand to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas • Present and rationally justify proposed designs to IT and business stakeholders. • Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards and provide guidance on user interface trends and issues Requirements • Proven experience and demonstration of UI/UX design skills through a strong portfolio • Solid experience in creating user and process flows, storyboards, sitemaps, personas, prototypes (sketches, wireframes, detailed design, etc.) • Proficiency in visual design (preferably Adobe Creative 3 suite) and wire-framing tools • Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction • Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders. • Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively • Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies Good to have • Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process • Bachelor’s Degree
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available