Automated QA Engineer - Leading British Software and Financial Service
Duties and Responsibilities
· Design, Develop, Maintain Automated Testing Process, Framework & Scripts.
· Analyse new and changed functionality and prepare test cases, data and expected results for the testing to be carried out to ensure that the development is tested to the agreed level.
· Perform manual / automated tests on new and changed functionalities and record outcomes accurately. Carry out regression tests when required.
· Assist other members of the team with running tests and investigating problems.
· Act as Test Lead for small development projects, working with business analysts and developers to ensure that the development will be tested to an agreed level.
· Provide progress updates to allow tracking of progress on projects.
· Investigate and accurately record all problems found during testing in a timely fashion, ensuring that developers are aware. Be prepared to explain these and possible workarounds so that details can be included in the Release Notes.
· Develop an understanding of the test environments required by the project(s) and how these interact so that they can be requested in line with the testing schedule.
Key Requirements and Qualifications
· Strong knowledge within any development language
· Strong Written and Verbal Communication in English
· Knowledge of FIX protocol and how its implemented for communication between trading platforms (not mandatory)
· Exposure to real time trading applications (not mandatory)
· Test and assure the quality of the software delivered, conforming to SDLC methodology
· Continuously develop and maintain the product knowledge, system knowledge and relationship with the team, users and Developers
· Ability to analyse situations and solve problems.
· Ability to communicate confidently and concisely both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to create and maintain good working relationships with members of the team and with business analysts and developers.
· Flexibility to allow for varied and changing objectives as the company develops products to meet rapidly changing customer requirements.
· Calmness under pressure and ability to maintain good humour.