|Job Title:||Bid Manager - Aviation|
|Salary:||55,000 - 65,000 + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Greg Webb|
|Job Published:||almost 3 years ago|
The individual will be expected to compile responses to both RFI’s/RFP’s as well as producing proactive, unsolicited proposals, and will assume responsibility for the written quality and overall consistency of proposals, as well as ensuring that the information contains answers to customer requirements, and positions Inmarsat as competitive vis à vis the customer, and the market.
This position requires outstanding organisational skills, as well as a natural ability to forge relationships and work closely with multifunctional teams. You will need to have demonstrable bid management experience or a strong understanding of avionics/connectivity procurement, and will exhibit this through diligence in bid review, recommendations, and ultimately the production of proposals which contribute to the rapid growth of our clients aviation business.
• Interface with internal teams and subject matter experts across the business to compile compelling bids
• Manage the coordination of responses to Requests for Offer or unsolicited proposals; oversee the quality and information contained and ensure consistency within the document, and relevance to customer requirements
• Ownership of the overall delivery of proposals to ensure they are on time, and appropriately comprehensive
• Work with the senior team to produce proactive, unsolicited proposals for target airline customers
• Responsible for accurately tracking proposals, and collating information
• Work closely with internal sales and technology experts to ensure our client's reputation for technological excellence, combined with competitive offering, is reflected in bids for new business
Knowledge and Skills:
• Degree educated – or equivalent relevant work experience
• Experience managing multiple complex bids simultaneously, ability to work under pressure
• Demonstrable experience as a Bid Manager in a commercial facing, technology business – i.e. aeronautics, telecoms, IT
• Proven ability to contribute to the successful winning of business by effective process management and delivery of proposals
• Ability to understand a breadth of complex information, to organize it logically, and to spot irregularities between bodies of information in the same document
• Ability to challenge information and contributions through understanding of the various aspects – from satellite and aircraft technologies to airline and passenger service expectations
• Commercially creative with an understanding of the concerns of commercial airlines
• Natural relationship builder with ability to engage and influence internal parties
• An understanding of the Air Transport sector, its complete value chain and procurements practices would be an advantage.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available