|Job Title:||Director – Flight Deck Applications - London or Washington DC or Switzerland|
|Salary:||Negotiable + Benefits + Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Greg Webb|
|Job Published:||about 3 years ago|
For over 30 years ,Our client has led the development of in-flight safety and operational services, with thousands of installations on both commercial and business aircraft across the globe.
During the course of 2016, our client will launch its new generation of flight deck services which will enable to significantly improve aircraft operations and efficiency everywhere with no compromise to security and safety.
In order to meet this challenge, we are looking for a high-calibre, forward-thinking, energetic expert with a “can-do” attitude who will help airlines and other industry stakeholders to fully embrace the challenge offered by our technology.
Primary purpose of the role:
In this position, the incumbent will be responsible to define and bring to the market a whole range of new flight deck capabilities featuring the newly launched Safety platform. This will encompass taking a leading role with our clients partners and introduce new flight deck applications which will change the way aircraft are operated today and in the future.
• Work together with our clients partners to introduce new flight deck applications improving the efficiency and safety of flights and relying on the Safety platform
• Develop and manage the L/Band Application Gateway
• Evangelize the use of these applications and identify key projects with Airlines for the early introduction and use of related services
• Advocate and develop business cases for new products/services introduction
• Participate to industry fora, in particular those related to the Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) and represent the clients position to these for a; including delivering presentations, authoring white papers, and performing technical demonstrations
• Be the clients SME for all matters related to flight deck applications
• Develop relationships with all key flight deck application stakeholders, from flight operations to pilots, to avionics manufacturers and air navigation service providers; stimulate interest in the market and raise the profile of the client with the end-user
Knowledge and Skills:
• 15+ years experience working either for an airline and/or an avionics vendor
• In-depth technical knowledge of aircraft safety and operational communications requirements
• Thorough understanding of the EFB concept and flight deck applications, including the technical, regulatory, security and human/machine interface challenges these are creating
• Thorough analytical skills and business/financial knowledge
• Ability to work in, and navigate, a matrix organization
• Proven project management skills in complex environments
• Effective and dynamic communicator – accustomed to both small and large audiences
• Tenacious – determined to find creative solutions to complex technical, regulatory and organization issues
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available