|Job Title:||Director – Flight Deck Connectivity - London or Switzerland|
|Salary:||Neg + benefits + bonus|
|Contact Name:||Greg Webb|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
For over 30 years, Our client has led the development of in-flight safety and operational services, with thousands of installations on both commercial and business aircraft across the globe.
In 2016, Our client will launch its next generation of flight deck services enabling aircraft operators to significantly improve aircraft operations and efficiency everywhere with no compromise to security and safety.
In order to meet this challenge, we are looking for a high-calibre, forward-thinking, energetic expert with a “can-do” attitude who will help airlines and other industry stakeholders to fully embrace the challenge offered by our technology.
Primary purpose of the role:
In this position, the incumbent will be responsible to bring to the market the clients Safety platform by leveraging on the existing clients customer base using our Classic Aero services and creating new opportunities for aircraft not yet equipped with Satcom.
• Develop the Safety value proposition and work with the aviation industry to establish it as the future standard for flight deck connectivity
• Manage the transition of existing Classic Aero customers to SB-Safety
• Create leads and mature SB-Safety opportunities with the clients Airline marketing teams
• Develop new product capabilities relying on our next generation of Satellites
• Advocate and develop business cases for new products/services introduction
• Participate to industry fora, and represent the clients position to these fora including delivering presentations, authoring white papers, and performing technical demonstrations
• Be the clients SME for all matters related to flight deck connectivity
• Develop relationships with all key flight deck communication stakeholders, from flight operations to pilots, to avionics manufacturers and air navigation service providers; stimulate interest in the market and raise the profile of the client with the end-user
Knowledge and Skills:
• At least 15 years experience working either for an airline, an avionics vendor, or an airline service provider
• In-depth technical knowledge of aircraft safety and operational communications requirements, including Air Traffic Services, Airlines Operational Control and Airlines Administrative Communications
• Expert knowledge of ACARS and aviation telecommunication standards (ATN, TCP/IP, IATA protocols)
• Expert knowledge of SATCOM and VHF communications
• Thorough understanding of airlines operations
• Thorough analytical skills and business/financial knowledge
• Ability to work in, and navigate, a matrix organization
• Proven project management skills in complex environments
• Effective and dynamic communicator – accustomed to both small and large audiences
• Tenacious – determined to find creative solutions to complex technical, regulatory and organization issues
• Ready to travel more than 50% of time
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available