|Job Title:||Engineer (Data Development)|
|Location:||Old Greenwich,United States|
|Contact Name:||Steven Dilamani|
|Job Published:||almost 3 years ago|
Our client, a stable and rapidly growing Quantitative Hedge Fund, is seeking an Engineer within their Data Development group, which is responsible for data onboarding and generation. The candidate will implement and maintain software that creates new data sets, perform quality control on market data and provide second/third level support to their production support team. The data sets will be consumed internally by researchers, portfolio managers for research and trading, and utilized by our quantitative models.
• Work with Trading/Research departments in designing and implementing new data sets
• Implement and maintain software that interface with external vendors to bring in new data sets
• Implement the rules and procedures that ensure integrity in data sets
• Provide second level support to production support team regarding market data issues
• Collect and analyze statistics on market data applications and devise approaches to improve the relevant processes
• Design and implement system that track and control data access and usage
• 0-5 years work experience.
• Strong ability with any major object oriented programming language: C++ (preferred), Java or C#.
• Have experience with scripting languages, such as Perl, Python, and shell scripting.
• Understanding of relational database concepts.
• Ability to set up simple web interfaces from scratch.
• Comfortable working under Linux environment, familiar with Vim or Emacs for editing files under the command line
• Possess knowledge of basic statistics/probability, familiar with concepts such as correlation, standard deviation and how to calculate
• Financial Services experience is not required
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available