|Job Title:||Quantitative Developer (Simulator)|
|Location:||Old Greenwich,United States|
|Salary:||$140,000-175,000 + Benefits + Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Steven Dilamani|
|Job Published:||about 3 years ago|
Our client is a private institutional investment management complex consisting of an international team of researchers, traders and technologists who constantly work toward ever greater quantification and automation in the development of trading processes. Continuously evolving for ever-greater efficiency enables them to trade today the way others will tomorrow.
They are seeking an exceptional Quantitative Developer to join our simulator team. This position is responsible for developing new features for their back-testing framework that can run simulations for different asset classes (equities, futures, FX, bonds, etc) at different frequencies: daily, periodic intraday, and tick-by-tick. The simulator is written in C++ on Linux, and allows users to embed scripting languages such as Python. The simulator is used by both researchers to develop alphas and portfolio managers to build strategies and run them in live trading. Their team works closely with users to help them use the product and answer their questions. And their feedback and new feature requests help make the simulator a better product every day.
Candidates need not have prior knowledge of financial markets, but must have a strong interest in learning about stock markets and financial markets. Their highly accomplished senior staff will provide the new hires with mentoring and guidance to help them succeed.
• Design, develop, maintain, and test new features for the simulator system
• Gather and analyze requirements from portfolio managers and researchers
• Research and evaluate new technologies that can be used to improve the system’s performance and/or enhance functionalities
• Create and maintain technical documentation
• Work with users to provide assistance and solve specific problems with the simulator
• Provide user education and training
• Have strong programming skills, especially in C/C++
• Have significant experience in developing multithreading real-time applications on Linux/Unix platforms
• Possess in-depth knowledge of network programming and distributed computing
• Be familiar with scripting languages such as Python and Perl
• Knowledge of simulator/trading systems is preferred
• Experience in high frequency trading is a plus
• Be intelligent with excellent problem solving abilities and attention to details
• Be a good team player with a strong willingness to help others
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available