You will be part of the team responsible for developing, integrating and testing our equities and derivatives trading platform, with a focus on pre-trade risk management systems. Our trading platform enables our customers to conduct their business in the Asian financial markets, with pre-trade risk an increasingly important component.
Candidates must be service-oriented, with excellent interpersonal skills and be comfortable working in a fast paced environment, both as an individual and part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
You will be involved in developing, integrating and testing the client’s software according to predefined processes for various projects. Also, you will be involved in managing the entire SDLC as an independent developer, including requirements gathering, software design, documentation, software packaging / versioning, maintenance and support.
Your primary duty will be the development of server-side components of the risk management system. The risk system also interacts with front-end components and other parts of the trading system, so you will be expected to perform integration and testing work to ensure that the risk systems operates correctly in its wider environment. There may also be some need to configure front-end components. The role will be technically hands on and will involve primarily programming and scripting in a UNIX environment.
The successful candidate is expected to excel in the following areas:
· Communication with internal stakeholders, translating business requirements into technical specifications.
· First-hand experience of risk management systems, particularly in Asia-Pacific
· Development of software components according to the specifications and standards
· On-going software maintenance and third-line support
· End-to-end testing of self-contained software components
· Documentation for communicating to external customers
· Second tier technical support on related software issues
· Communication with working counterparts overseas (primarily in UK)
Key Experience and Characteristics
· Productive, independent, self-motivated, with the ability to work under minimal supervision
· A quick thinker, with good analytical and problem solving skills
· Able to multi-task in a fast-paced and demanding environment
· Influencing and persuasion skills
· First-hand experience developing equity or derivatives risk management systems, ideally for Asia-Pacific markets
· Good technical skills with practical experience of::
- C, C++, Java or C# development experience; advanced scripting skills will be considered
- Competent with developing robust and scalable software applications
- A basic understanding of any RDBMS
· Familiar with the SDLC
· Excellent spoken and written English
· A bachelor’s degree in a computing related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology).
Ideal Experience and Characteristics
· UNIX environments, especially scripting
· Agile and waterfall methodologies
· Experience working in a distributed development team