|Job Title:||Senior System Architect, Aero Service Design|
|Salary:||Excellent Basic + benefits|
|Contact Name:||Greg Webb|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
The role will require co-ordination with a wide range of other project teams both within and external to Inmarsat. The successful candidate will be required to represent Inmarsat as the technical expert in meetings with vendors and must be capable of dealing confidently with experts in similar and different disciplines. The role may require travel to various sites around the world.
• Systems Architect for specification, design and integration of a Service Delivery Platform
• Lead the technical and architectural aspects of our software based products to ensure consistency, quality and architectural integrity,
• Must be able to do hands-on design and implementation of key technical components, frameworks, interfaces and services.
• Develop requirements for future enhancement of the clients ABU AMPs in order to deliver new services, or optimise existing systems and oversee system
• Lead design and test and reviews, including review of detailed functional specifications,
• Develop test procedures in support of test campaigns and performance evaluation exercises,
• Create and maintain technical documentation to ensure efficient planning and execution
• Manage, document and transition AMPs features to Operations and other business users,
• Work closely with other teams within Development and Engineering, as well as Operations to ensure successful handover of new systems into service.
• Work with vendors and internal stakeholders to define and design new services and features to improve performance or meet new service requirements.
• Review existing software and infrastructure and to areas for improvement in areas of scalability, quality, performance, security maintainability and architectural integrity.
Key Knowledge and Skills:
• University degree level or equivalent in Computing Science, Engineering or related technical discipline
• Proven relevant practical experience in systems analysis, design, testing and verification, data communication with a focus on monitoring and data collection.
• Significant experience in large scale Telecoms operations environment as architect or lead DevOps ideally over five years relevant experience.
• Significant hands-on experience with network .
• Significant experience of Shell scripting (Perl, Python and Bash)
• Knowledge of modern web development technologies: Ruby for Rails, web services (REST), databases, Open Source environments, continuous integration, and automated testing
• Deep understanding of network protocols and services such as Radius/Diameter, DNS, QoS, Marking, TCP/UDP and routing protocols
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment, able to balance multiple projects and tasks, complete them successfully, and within timelines
• Ability to do-it-all (build systems from scratch)
• Able to translate between business requirements and the needs of the technical community in the form of Requirements specifications, architecture specifications and technical designs
• Deep understanding of modern rapid and agile development methodologies and test-driven, iterative development practices
• Experience with OSS systems.
• Strong interpersonal skill and oral and written communication skills
• Agile and open to change
• Willingness and commitment to travel
• Previous experience in the aviation industry is beneficial
Efficiency: Efficiency is about maximising benefit and profit, while minimising effort and expenditure. Managed correctly, it reduces costs, waste, and duplication and enables the delivery of quality products and services to our customers.
Customer Excellence: Customer Excellence applies to both our external and internal customers. It is about having a market orientated approach that enables the business to deliver what the customer wants. It is about organising activities, and making decisions that are based around information about customers’ needs, rather than what we think is right for them customer. It requires the development of long-term, collaborative and trusting relationships that combines customer needs with the clients expertise.
Enterprise Spirit: Enterprise Spirit is about being agile and responding effectively to business opportunities within a changing environment. It’s about being self-motivated, resourceful, focused on output and making things happen. People with Enterprise Spirit are positive, enthusiastic, dedicated and not afraid to challenge the status quo.
Open Communications: Open Communication is about treating one another with respect and delivering appropriate, clear and focused messages. It is about fostering collaborative relationships, whilst maintaining individual accountability. It allows the best ideas to surface from anywhere within the organisation from those who have a genuine contribution to make. It cultivates an open environment that facilitates informed decisions, understanding and trust.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available