- Participate in the design, implementation, maintenance and documentation of our cloud-based backend systems.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Write clean, maintainable and optimized code with test coverage and source control.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field OR you can demonstrate a solid computer science understanding and extensive hands-on software development experience. Owners or contributors in open source projects a big plus.
- Good to excellent understanding of the Java platform (collections, concurrency, etc), Knowledge of JVM internals (memory model, GC, etc) a plus.
- Solid knowledge of OOP, design patterns (especially MVC), and software testing practices such as unit-testing. Experience with functional programming, BDD, and distributed RCS paradigms is an advantage
- Working knowledge of programming with databases, SQL and/or NoSQL. Experience of using cloud-based databases, such as AWS DynamoDB, a huge plus
- Comfortable working on Linux, especially with using the CLI. Knowledge of shell scripting a plus.
- Be flexible and able to function well in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing deadlines and projects