- Participate in the design, implementation, maintenance, documentation and technical support of our cross-browser and cross-platform mobile and web applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
- Write clean, maintainable and optimized code with test coverage and source control.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field OR you can demonstrate a solid computer science understanding and extensive hands-on software development experience. Owners or contributors in open source projects a plus.
- Good to excellent knowledge of front-end Web development using client-side and/or server-side MVC frameworks. Working knowledge of CSS and HTML. Experience with JQuery, CoffeeScript, and AJAX is a plus. Experience with building mobile UI, HTM5-based or native app a plus.
- Good aesthetics of UI, knowledgeable in graphic and/or UX a plus.
- Good understanding of the Java platform (collections, concurrency, etc).
- Good understanding of OOP, design patterns (especially MVC), and software testing practices such as unit-testing. Experience with functional programming, BDD, and distributed RCS paradigms is an advantage.
- Basic understanding of programming with databases, SQL and/or NoSQL. Experience of using cloud-based databases, such as AWS SimpleDB, a huge plus.
- Be flexible and able to function well in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing deadlines and projects.