|Job Title:||Technical Lead (Big Data Processing) / Quantitative Hedge Fund|
|Location:||New York City,United States|
|Salary:||$150-200K Total Comp|
|Contact Name:||Steven Dilamani|
|Job Published:||almost 3 years ago|
Our client, a stable and rapidly-growing Quantitative Hedge Fund, is hiring within the Middle Office Technology group. The group is responsible for post-trade technology, which involves capturing the trades, and dealing with a heavy amount of streaming data and event based processing. They are responsible for managing large volumes of data in order to provide PNL calculations and on-demand reports for senior leadership. The team does not handle back-office reconciliations, cash management and accounting, since that is handled by a different group.
The current project is to move from a collection of Perl scripts to a completely new system design using Python, Java and Scala, as well as next generation technologies, such as Spark, Kafka and Redis. The goal is to improve latency and scale, due to trade volumes only increasing.
- Really strong with either Java or C++ or C#.
- Experience with Scala.
- Willingness and ability to mentor the junior developers on getting to the next level technically.
- Strong ability to analyze business problems and create own designs without specifications or hand-holding.
Plusses (but not required):
- Distributed Computing (Spark or Storm)
- Caching (Redis)
- Financial Services experience
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available