|Job Title:||Unix SA|
|Salary:||£390 Per Day|
|Contact Name:||Sahira Mullins|
|Job Published:||about 2 years ago|
• Build, Deploy, and maintain technology infrastructure, providing operational support & stability by following and using the tools, policies, processes and procedures where available.
• Provide a secure environment, managing and mitigating risks:
o Audit Controls & Processes – implementing and enforcing process to meet audit controls such as access review.
o Regularly review and attest that controls are up to date and effective.
o Patch Management & Technical Security Compliance – establishing maintenance cycles and ensuring compliance to RBC requirements.
o Anticipate and quantify tactical, operational and strategic risks, applying risk-based approach to forecasting.
• Monitor& manage capacity, performance, health and availability of host machines and infrastructure services.
• Provide detailed reporting, KPIs and metrics, analysing for trends, driving actions and enhancement/efficiency plans.
• Taking the lead & initiative in plant management and Root Cause Analysis, directing team members as appropriate.
• Identify & Manage risks & issues within Unix and infrastructure services
• Exemplary and disciplined service management following agreed process & procedures, such as, but not limited to:
o Resolve Incidents impacting hosts or environment, and following up on root cause via Problem Management, liaising with additional internal/external groups when required, resulting in satisfactory resolution.
o Create, review, maintain and update documentation. Document & Publish fixes in central knowledge base, regularly re-evaluating processes and procedures.
o Responsibility for the planning and controlled execution of releases into the managed environment, following change control procedures.
o Ensuring customer satisfaction in service response and problem resolution.
• Proactive management and Enhancement of infrastructure and infrastructure services, such as, but not limited to:
o Work with global colleagues to provide globally consistent processes and procedures.
o Integrate and Interact with regional & global colleagues, providing innovative ideas. Evaluate, discuss, listen to and re-think ideas to move forwards in a productive manner. Active participation within and amongst teams and colleagues, providing constructive feedback when necessary.
o Identify areas for automation and scripting wherever possible.
• Help to identify opportunities for service/process improvement, synergies across the business and across infrastructure teams, and instigating & executing on initiatives.
• Attendance of vendor related events and workshops, with active participation, seeking out industry trends, feeding them back into the Firm and Division.
• Input, Delivery and Execution of project related work, taking Ownership and providing technical expertise as appropriate.
• Input into Business Continutity Planning & Practices, improving year on year.
• Planning, Presenting and Executing on existing and future Project plans for Unix.
• Provide out-of-hours support escalation.
Sorry, this job post it's no longer available